I spent months looking at the Thermomix machines trying to decide whether or not to spend that much money on a single appliance. My honest opinion…. I would do it again in a heart beat!
What is a Thermomix?
A Thermomix is essentially 12 kitchen appliances in one, and in my opinion makes cooking in the kitchen so much easier! It can sauté, steam, chop, mix, knead, whip, mince and the list goes on! In fact, it can do all of this while I’m racing around doing house work 😍
Why did I buy a Thermomix?
As mentioned above, I had been looking at the Thermomix for a long time before purchasing. I was invited along to one of my friend’s demos and was 100% convinced that this machine would make my life a million times easier! And boy was I right!
My main priority when it comes to cooking is health. I want to ensure that my family can eat meals that are nutrient dense, yet delicious. At the demo, it was obvious to me that the Thermomix would allow me to make things from scratch (which I absolutely love) without spending hours on end in the kitchen. I could also see how much time it would save me. No longer do I spend extra time chopping or grating. I just chuck it in my Thermomix and it takes seconds.
Why did I become a consultant?
There were two reason:
1) I decided to earn my Thermomix as a consultant. This meant I didn’t have to pay for my Thermomix upfront (or on a payment plan) but instead I could share the Thermomix and earn my own at the same time.
2) As a nutritionist, I can see the great need for an appliance like this in so many homes. The battle between healthy eating and managing a busy lifestyle is something I personally struggled with, and it is a constant battle that so many of my clients face! I could see that the Thermomix could provide the solution to this battle of health and time, and so I decided to join the team.
To be honest with you, I can’t say I ever imagined myself in sales. I couldn’t be further from your stereotypical sales person! However when an individual’s heath is involved, I would do just about anything I could, to find a solution to a health problem. And that is exactly how I would describe the Thermomix! In a time poor world, we are constantly faced with quick processed foods that stop our belly from grumbling. But it is not a coincidence that with an increase in processed foods, is also an increase in health conditions. The way I can see it, my Thermomix has allowed me to avoid processed foods (by making things from scratch), while continuing my busy life. And by becoming a consultant, it has allowed me to share this opportunity with my clients and others.
Favourite Thermomix Recipes
For those of you that don’t know me, I love experimenting with food and recipes, especially if it means making a family favourite a little healthier. I am far from a chef (just ask my partner Kyle who experiences it first hand 🤣) but I do love experimenting with food. In saying that, here are a couple of my favourites:
- Green Smoothie Bowl (this one is in the Eat Well cook book and includes a buckwheat granola 😍)
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Beetroot Parmesan and Cashew Dip
- Sesame Chia Loaf (great GF bread)
- Smokey Mexican Bean Soup
- Fruity Dream (sorbet)
I also really love being able to use my Thermomix for some of my own favourite recipes which I can do manually.
If you are interested in having a look at the Thermomix and seeing what it’s all about, or if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me!